Andrew Nixon is a Partner in the Sport Group at Sheridans.
Andrew's practice focuses principally on regulatory, governance, disciplinary, arbitration and dispute resolution within the sport sector. Andrew's clients include governing bodies, sports clubs, sports agencies and individual athletes.
He is referred to in this year's Legal 500 as a “very bright and talented sports lawyer”.
Recent work includes:
- Jimmy Bullard v Hull City AFC (Football Disciplinary Commission)
- Football League Sporting Sanction and FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber Arbitrations
- Advice to multiple governing bodies on governance, policies and disciplinary rules
- Regulatory and player/academy investment advice for a major Football Fund relating to economic and federative rights
- Selection dispute arbitrations relating to Fencing and Judo
Andrew is regularly called upon as an expert in sports law by media outlets such as BBC, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Channel 4 and ITV and has also written for numerous sports publications, including Sporting Intelligence, FC Business and Sports Business. He is also an accomplished speaker.
Andrew is also Non Executive Director of the English Table Tennis Association and is on the Editorial Board for Law in Sport.
- Tel: 020 7079 0142