The sports law team at Russells now boasts a prestigious client list across the sports world, from individual sportspeople including athletes, footballers and boxers, to sporting organisations; we have extensive experience acting for promotors, managers, event organisers and other sporting bodies. Of note recently, we have been involved in some of the biggest boxing events in the UK.
We represent sportspeople on an array of commercial matters – not only relating to their professional career but also to help plan and structure their commercial affairs. In addition, we regularly handle the more contentious matters in which our clients become involved including defamation, privacy matters and crisis management issues. As well as advising at the start and throughout their sporting career, we also provide wider advice relating to their career post-competitive sports, including day-to-day matters.
We cover the full range of contentious and non-contentious areas that our clients encounter, including:
- Contractual arrangements, including sporting performance agreements
- Sponsorship and endorsement agreements
- Sporting events
- Brand protection and exploitation
- Copyright and design
- Employment and regulatory issues, including doping and disciplinary matters – we have experience before the different sporting regulatory bodies and Tribunals
- The protection and exploitation of commercial rights in sport generally
- Sports related corporate matters
- Wills, probate, real estate and matrimonial.
- Street: Yalding House, 152-156 Great Portland Street
- Postcode: London
- City: W1W 5QA
- Country: United Kingdom
- Telephone: 020 7439 8692