Global Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills with F.C. Barcelona
Introduction and Objectives
The Global Master in sports Management and Legal Skills with FCB is aimed and focused on the sector of lawyers, business, economic and sports management, or other persons who are already holding a university degree in those areas, who want to expand their experience and knowledge in the field of Sports and also professional athletes who, after having retired from the competition, aspire to continue in the sports field as managers.
ISDE’s philosophy is that students not only attain the most up to date knowledge about Sports Law & Management, but also to acquire the skills that will help them to reach their professional goals.
To do so, we have an academic staff composed by the most important lecturers in the Sports Law & Management industry. Their commitment in making of this program the best online master in sports management and legal skills is the guarantee of its unequalled quality.
Why choose this Master?
The faculty of this master is composed of the most recognized professionals of the international sports industry.
- You will learn all the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to direct and manage sports institutions from a 360º point of view.
- Job exchange in which sports organizations adn prominent law firms collaborate for a fast integration of their future professionals.
- The Master include an optional sports week in Switzerland where you will visit UEFA headquarters and receive practical training in leading sports institutions and law firms, also can choose a unique business and negotiation week in New York City at the Columbia University campus. Students will attend a Graduation ceremony and cocktail the last day. They all will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Teaching methodology based on a combination of practical cases, lectures, institutional visits and professional networking.
- Some of the professional careers that can ensue after the completion of the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills: Management of sports organizations, Law Offices, Sports Agent, Sports Consulting, Sports Equipment Industry, Sports Centers, Federations, Leagues, Clubs and Associations, Training and education, Management in sports service companies, Organization of sporting events.
- Tutorials and master classes, tutorials designed to solve all your queries through chat or conference systems. Teachers or the director of the program will respond with chat and include examples and practical exercises to achieve full understanding of the syllabus. The master classes are extraordinary classes to complement the training given by experts in the field. They are recorded and are always available on the cloud.
- Active Teacher, the faculty and the academic direction of our programs are an active part of them. Our teachers give classes including study materials and practical exercises, offer tutoring, prepare and correct exams and evaluate the final grades. The entire faculty of FC Barcelona and ISDE has up to date knowledge of Information and Communication Technologies.
- The student is the great protagonist, our online training method is fully compatible with your personal and work commitments. Plan your own study pace and choose when to start and finish your training.
- Academic tutor, a personal tutor will guide you, guide and solve all your doubts, such as academic procedures, norms or additional subjects.
- Referenced program Financial Times.
Professional careers after finishing the Master
Some of the professional careers after finishing the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills:
- Management of sports organizations
- Law Offices
- Sports Agent
- Sports Consulting
- Sports Equipment Industry
- Sports Centers
- Federations, Leagues, Clubs and Associations
- Training and education
- Management in sports service companies
- Organization of sporting events
1. ORGANIZATION AND INTERNATIONAL STRUCTURE OF SPORTS
- International Federations
- Olympic International Committee and Olympic International Academy
- EU and sports organizations
- Analysis of state structures
2. SPORTS ENTITIES
- National and territorial sports federations
- Professional leagues
- Other entities
- Financial structure (budget and budgetary control, insolvency)
- Good governance in sports institutions / Corporate Social Responsibility
- US system
3. MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION OF COMPETITIONS AND SPORTS
- Contractual legal structures
- Financial structures
- Management and exploitation of sports facilities
4. REGULATION OF THE PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE IN SPORTS
- International regulations and their application
- Comparative analysis
5. SANCTIONS IN SPORTS
- Regulations and comparative analysis
6. DOPING AND SPORTS
- Regulation against doping in various countries: United States, Canada, Italy, France, Spain
- W.A.D.A structure and organization, and The World Anti-Doping Code
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISM: ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION
- Mediation and arbitration in sports
- TAS: structure and function
- International comparative study on arbitration tribunals (ECA, BAT, TAF, TEAD, etc.)
8. STATUS AND TRANSFERS OF PLAYERS
- Contract models
- Transfers and loans of players (national/international)
- Influence of FIFA regulations (Statutes of players)
- Training compensation / Solidarity mechanism
9. REPRESENTATION AND INTERMEDIATION
- Concept and execution
- Players’ agents/FIFA
- European Agency contract model. State examples
10. LABOR REGULATION IN SPORTS
- Sport and work in the EU
- Professional athletes / amateur athletes
- Comparative analysis of state regulations
- Alterations in the development of the employment relationship: national teams
- The free movement of workers vs. restriction clauses
- EU rules on recognition of professional qualifications in the field of sport
11. TAXATION SYSTEM IN SPORTS
- Comparative analysis
- Direct and indirect taxes
- Tax benefits
- Tax planning
- Taxation of income from exploitation of image rights
- Taxation of sponsorship
12. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
- Players’ image rights
- Brands and distinctive signs
- Protection of sports broadcasting rights
- Impact of the de-regulated markets on competitive balance in European Sports
13. SPORTS SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENTS
- Definition. Comparative Law practical analysis
- The right to commercially exploit the image of athletes
- Image rights contracts / Merchandising
14. SPORTS MARKETING
- Sports entities and sporting events marketing
- Sports marketing and new technologies: social networks
- Audiovisual rights: broadcasting of sports events
15. COMMUNICATION AND MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS
16. RISKS AND SPORTS ASSURANCE
- Liability in sports
- Risk management
- Sports insurance
17. ETHICS AND INTEGRITY IN SPORTS
- Etical codes. Protection of sports values
- Combating corruption in sports
- Match-fixing and sports betting
18. DIRECTION OF SPORTS ENTERPRISES
- Strategic planning
- Management and financing of sports organizations
- Human resources management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
19. SPORTS EVENT ORGANIZATION
- Management of international events
- Exploitation of assetsns
- City: Barcelona
- Country: Spain
- Telephone: (+34) 911 265 180
- Fax: (+34) 915 762 021