Jonny Madill is an Associate in the Sport Group.
Jonny advises on commercial, technology, regulatory, governance, disciplinary and dispute resolution matters within the sports sector. Jonny advises domestic and international sports clients including governing bodies, rights holders and event organisers, sports clubs, sports tech companies, sports agencies and individual athletes. Jonny works closely alongside the Interactive Group and has a particular interest in matters relating to sports data and the sports tech industry.
Jonny's work includes:
- Advising a major high profile sports funding body on a major outsourcing project;
- Advising an international sports data company on a extensive live sports data project;
- Advising a governing body rights holder on the suite of events and commercial agreements following its successful bid to host a World Cup;
- Advising on a host city agreement in relation to a global sporting event;
- Advising a sports governing body on the drafting and negotiation of a range of commercial contracts, including those relating to a new national football stadium and kit supply agreements;
- Advising a major sports radio station on a number of brand protection and other intellectual property matters relating to the drafting and negotiation of a range of commercial contracts.
Jonny also advises across a range of other sectors including media, entertainment, technology and business process outsourcing.
Jonny has written for sports law publications such as LawinSport. His articles include:
- Wearable Technology & the Digital Revolution in Sport – where does the law fit in?
- Copyright Infringement: What Next for Sport’s Rights Holders?
- Performance-Based Pay in Player Contract Negotiations in Football (part of a wider piece by Jake Cohen entitled “A Guide to the key legal issues in the football transfer window”)
- Tel: 020 7079 0155