Paul Gilroy KC
Paul Gilroy is renowned for his sports law practice, covering advisory work, litigation and all regulatory aspects of sport.
His experience covers football, rugby union, rugby league, cricket, tennis, cycling, boxing, athletics, weightlifting, gymnastics, and table tennis. He has extensive experience of issues relating to selection/non-selection, anti-doping and safeguarding in sport.
He has advised and acted for a stellar list of clients from the world of domestic and international football.
Paul Gilroy’s football practice covers the High Court and arbitration proceedings, principally FA Rule K8 matters and proceedings before the FA Premier League Managers Arbitration Tribunal.
He has the most appearances as Counsel before the FA Premier League Managers Arbitration Tribunal (7).
- Curbishley v West Ham United  (FA Premier League) (Wrongful Constructive Dismissal).
- Magilton v Ipswich Town  (QBD) (Wrongful Dismissal).
- O’Neill v Aston Villa  (FA Premier League) (Wrongful Constructive Dismissal).
- O’Leary v Al Ahli FC (Dubai) [2011-2014] Successful representation of Head Coach in wrongful dismissal claim before FIFA and on appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.
- Norwich City v Lambert and Aston Villa [2012-2013] (FA Premier League) (Breach of Contract).
- Adkins v Southampton [2012-2013] (FA Premier League) (Breach of Contract).
- Henning Berg v Blackburn Rovers  Successful damages claim for breach of contract.
- Mackay v Cardiff City  (FA Premier League) (Breach of Contract).
- Sheridan v Notts County  (FA Rule K arbitration) (Contractual claim).
- Monk v Middlesbrough [2017/18] (FA Rule K arbitration) (Contractual claim).
- Silva v Watford  (FA Premier League) (Contractual claim).
- Conte v Chelsea  (FA Premier League) (Contractual claim).
In addition to sitting as a Part-time Judge of Employment Tribunals (appointed 2000), Paul Gilroy holds the following sports law appointments:
Legal Arbitrator for Sport Resolutions UK.
- Athlete Selection & Eligibility
- Employment & Discrimination
- Integrity & Discipline, and
- Paralympic and Disability
Thematic Arbitration Panels of Sport Resolutions UK.
FA Judicial Panel Specialist Member.
FA Judicial Appeal Board Specialist Member.
- Telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org