Sports Law Ireland Conference 2019
LawInSport in partnership with the Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland will be hosting a one-day conference in Dublin on the 8 February 2019 to contemporary issues in sports law and celebrate the contribution of Irish Sports Lawyers and Sports Business Professionals contribution to the development of international sports governance, regulation and law.
The conference will include four panel discussions on:
- Has the eSports industry finally matured?
- David Casserly, Barrister and Attorney (Bar of Ireland; Bar of England & Wales; Bar of New York) (Chairperson)
- Vyte Danileviciute, International Counsel, Riot Games
- Andrew Nixon, Head of Sport and eSports, Sheridans
- Jeffery Benz, Arbitrator and Meditator, 4 New Square and JAMS and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Sports media rights – new distribution methods and competition law
- Louise Reilly, Barrister (Chairperson)
- Benoit Keane, Solicitor/Avocat ,Keane Legal
- Ian Lynam, Partner, Northridge
- Lynsey Mulvihill, Senior Legal Counsel, World Rugby
- Changes to the sporting betting industry and the impact of the Independent Tennis Integrity Report
- Rob McTernaghan, Barrister and Sports Lawyer (Chairperson)
- Susan Ahern, Barrister and former General Counsel of World Rugby
- Daniel Wallach, Gaming Law and Sports Betting Attorney at Wallach Legal and Co-founder UNH Law Sports Wagering & Integrity Program
- Cliodhna Guy, Head of Licensing, Legal and Compliance at, The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board
- Regulating Mixed Martial Arts and athlete welfare
- Paul McGarry SC, President of Irish Sports Law Bar Association (Chairperson)
- Prof Jack Anderson, Professor of Sports Law, Melbourne University
- Isobel Carnwath, Director of Brand, Commerce and Communications, International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF)
- Gareth Farrelly, Solicitor and Former Republic of Ireland & Premier League football player.
Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland Chairman, Paul McGarry: “As a new and dynamic sports law association we are delighted at this early stage to be working in partnership with LawInSport to delivery what we consider will be a cutting-edge sports law conference attractive to both Irish and International lawyers and members of the sports industry. LawInSport has led the field in delivering unique events that bring key players, commentators and advisors in the sports law field together and we believe the Sports Law Ireland 2019 conference will be a superb addition to the calendar.”
LawInSport CEO, Sean Cottrell: “We are honoured to be working with the Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland to help them in their work to support the Irish sports and legal community to develop domestic and international sports law. The Irish have long had a reputation for being passionate and informed sports fans which is reflected in their contribution to international sports law and sports development. We are proud to be able to celebrate this with what promises to be a fantastic day and evening of discussion and networking in Dublin with our Irish colleagues."
- Full ticket €150
- LawInSport Plus members €100
- Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland members €100
Guest can benefit from a special rate at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin:
- Thursday 7th February @ €123.00 single BB
- Friday 8th February @ €135.00 single BB
|Event End Date||08-02-2019|
|Individual Price||€150 (€100 for Plus members)|