Sports Law & Business Conference
Linklaters LLP and LawInSport invite you to join us for a half-day conference focused on some of the most significant legal issues in the sports industry.
The conference will feature a luncheon with a keynote speech from DeMaurice Smith – Executive Director, National Football League Players Association (NFLPA), interactive panels discussions with trailblazing speakers, and a networking cocktail reception.
- Antitrust & Competition Law: Keeping the Sports Industry Competitive
- Name, Image, and Likeness: Navigating Change, Compliance, Potential, and Problems in an Unsettled Landscape
- Acquisition Finance: US Dollars and European Sport
Approved for NY CLE accreditation. Accreditation for other states available upon request.
Time & Location
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. EDT
Location: 1290 Avenue of the Americas, Floor 31, New York, NY 10104
An online version is available for those who are unable to make it in person.
- DeMaurice Smith – Executive Director, NFLPA (Keynote speaker)
- Jodi Balsam – Professor of Clinical Law and Director of Externship Programs, Brooklyn Law School
- Ross Bruck – Managing Director, Sixth Street
- Carrie Donaghy – Motorsport Legal Director, Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
- Paul Harris KC – Barrister, Monckton Chambers
- Katie Hoffman – General Counsel, Opendorse
- Heather McPhee – Associate General Counsel, NFLPA
- Sophie Gage – Business Affairs Counsel, NFL Players Inc.
- Angela (Ane) Redmond Debro – Associate General Counsel, Athletics, The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
- Ed Weiss – Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy, and General Counsel, Fenway Sports Group
- Marti Wronski – General Counsel and Senior Vice President - Administration, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club
- Tom Cassels – Dispute Resolution Partner, Sports Sector Co-Lead, Linklaters LLP
- Julian Davies – Finance Partner, Sports Sector Co-Lead, Linklaters LLP
- Richard Smith – Dispute Resolution Partner, Linklaters LLP
- Shamin Choudhury – Sports Sector Associate, Linklaters LLP
- Patrick Ashby – Dispute Resolution Counsel, Linklaters LLP
- Meredith Riley – Dispute Resolution Senior Associate, Linklaters LLP
Agenda (UK Time Zone)
18:00 - 18:30 - Keynote Speaker: DeMaurice Smith: Executive Director, National Football League Players Association (NFLPA)
18:30 - 19:30 - Acquisition Finance: U.S.Dollars and European Sports
19:45 - 20:45 - Antitrust and Competition Law: Keeping the Sports Industry Competitive
21:00 - 22:00 - Name, Image, and Likeness: Navigating Change, Compliance, Potential, and Problems in an Unsettled Landscape
|Event Date||25-10-2022 17:30|
|Event End Date||25-10-2022 22:30|