EU Summit 2013 – Major events: Major opportunities
20th June, London Published 08 April 2013
On the 20 June 2013 this European Summit, hosted at the world famous Oval cricket ground, will bring together key policy-makers, sports administrators, journalists, lawyers and other stakeholders to untangle these issues.
We will ask how, in the face of fierce global competition, European countries can still compete when it comes to hosting major sporting events?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Debbie Jevans, chief executive of England Rugby World Cup 2015 and former director of sport at LOCOG
- Andy Parkinson, chief executive of UK Anti-Doping
- Nick Coward, general secretary of the Premier League
- Helen Day, head of European policy at the European Sponsorship Association
- Nic Pink, development manager at ICC Europe
- Pedro Velazquez, acting head of sport unit, European Comission
- Simon Morton , director of major events and international relations at UK Sport
- David Grevemberg, chief executive, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Emma McClarkin MEP, Member of European Parliament Culture Committee
- Clive Efford MP, Shadow Minister for Sport.
Get access to this article and all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport
Already a member?
Articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Conferences