EU Summit 2013 – Major events: Major opportunities
On the 20 June 2013 this European Summit, hosted at the world famous Oval cricket ground, will bring together key policy-makers, sports administrators, journalists, lawyers and other stakeholders to untangle these issues.
We will ask how, in the face of fierce global competition, European countries can still compete when it comes to hosting major sporting events?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Debbie Jevans, chief executive of England Rugby World Cup 2015 and former director of sport at LOCOG
- Andy Parkinson, chief executive of UK Anti-Doping
- Nick Coward, general secretary of the Premier League
- Helen Day, head of European policy at the European Sponsorship Association
- Nic Pink, development manager at ICC Europe
- Pedro Velazquez, acting head of sport unit, European Comission
- Simon Morton , director of major events and international relations at UK Sport
- David Grevemberg, chief executive, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Emma McClarkin MEP, Member of European Parliament Culture Committee
- Clive Efford MP, Shadow Minister for Sport.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Conferences