Takuya, a Japanese Attorney-at-Law, is the founder and Managing Partner of Field-R Law Offices, a niche sports and entertainment legal practice based in Tokyo.
Takuya has vast legal and business experience in sports both in Japan and internationally. He is a member of the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, a position held since 2009. In 2016 he became the Chairman of FIFPro Division Asia/Oceania.
Takuya is also an Executive Committee Member of the World Players Association as well as a board member of the Japan Sports Law Association.
Takuya’s book “Sports Law in Japan” was published in 2012 by Kluwer Law International. He has also given many lectures worldwide on sports law.
Takuya has received the following honours and recognition:
- selected by "Best Lawyers International" consecutively from 2009 until now as one of the "Best Lawyers" in the fields of "Media and Entertainment Law" and "Sports" in Japan (http://www.bestlawyers.com/);
- selected in the 29 August 2009 "High-Flying Corporate Lawyers" edition of the acclaimed "Shukan Diamond" Magazine as one of the two "Brilliant Lawyers that Can Really Deliver Results" in the field of entertainment and sports laws.
Further information about Takuya, his lectures and achievements can be found at: http://www.field-r.com/en/people/
- Take the “amateurism” regulations out of student sports - The collapse of amateurism in Japanese and US student sports
- A comparison of how the Japanese J-League responds to racism in football compared to European leagues
- An analysis of IP rights in Japanese sports business – Part 2
- An analysis of IP rights in Japanese sports business – Part 1
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 3
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 2
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 1
- The prospect of and need for sports arbitration in Asia - a Japanese lawyer's perspective