Thomas is a Solicitor in Kerman & Co’s sports team. Thomas is predominantly a commercial contracts lawyer who advises the team’s biggest sporting clients and major event organisers on a range of their commercial issues, including working in-house at The All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon. His experience includes advising on data and consumer protection, IT/software development and procurement contracts.
Thomas graduated from the University of York in 2010, completed his GDL and LPC at Nottingham Law School before working at Irwin Mitchell LLP for 3 years.
Aside from being a keen rugby, football, cricket and tennis fan, Thomas keeps in touch with topical sports, commercial and data protection issues by regularly blogging both independently and for his firm’s bulletins.
- How to recover prize money from doping athletes: Lessons for event organisers from the Shobukhova case
- Rangers’ financial woes, fine for Spanish club of racism incident and more sanctions for fielding ineligible players
- World Cup anti-terror law, Barca ban suspended & FA issue multiple misconduct charges
- Euro football law: betting breach, fine for abusive behaviour, overcharged fans and Hearts woes continue
- Inquiry into head injuries in football, crowd trouble in Europe and UEFA to launch the League of Nations
- Bayern President tax case, players betting regs, BSKYB win IP case and more
- European Football Sports Law News 25 Feb 2014
- European Football Sports Law News 19 Feb 2014
- European Football Sports Law News 10 Feb 2014