Football Law Digital Conference 2020
LawInSport's Football Law Digital conference brings together 85+ leading lawyers and executives, from 20+ countries to discuss and debate 22 of the most important legal developments in the football industry.
Covering topics such as agents regulations, player contracts, club ownership, FFP, sponsorship, women's football, media rights as well as updates on the latest regulatory changes and how the sport is dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The conference was designed to be accessible globally with the current economic situation in mind. With full price tickets equating to less than £7 per session and £2 per session for full-time students, this is the most accessible conference of its kind offering 22 hours of continuing professional development.
The conference is completely free for former and current professional players.
We hope that those working in, or aspiring to work in, the sector will be able to use and apply this knowledge to help the sport navigate through this difficult period and be stronger for it in the long term.
UPDATE ON REGISTRATION QUESTIONS & LOGIN DETAILS - 22 MAY 2020
- Registrations need to be completed 1 hour before each session in order to get live access on that day. Otherwise you will have to wait for 24 hours to get access to the recording.
- When you register at any point you will be able to get access to recordings of previous sessions.
- Once you register you will receive registration details for each Zoom webinar.
- Please note that due to the volume of registrations these will be sent periodically.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone with an interest in the legal and commercial frameworks and the developments that impact on football including:
- In-house counsel
- Sports executives and administrators
- Current and former players
- Private practice lawyers
Attendance for conference is free for former and current professional football players (excluding those now working in professional services (law, accountancy, consultancy, agency, etc).
- Standard ticket: £140+VAT
- LIS Plus (with annual membership) ticket: £90+VAT
Student rate (50% discount) only for FULL TIME STUDENTS
- Standard student ticket: £70+VAT
Use the coupon code 'Footylaw20Stu' when you are logged into your account.|
- LIS Plus (with annual membership) ticket: £45+VAT
Use the coupon code 'Footylaw20StuPlus' when you are logged into your account.
**We are checking each student status as a full-time student before the conference starts.
If you purchase a student when you are not Full-Time Student (i.e. a working student) you will be prevented from viewing the conference until the balance is paid.
Full-Time Current a Former Athlete/ManagersCoaches = FREE
Email with your details about the club or country you currently or have played for. This does not apply if you work in professional services.
A full price ticket equates to less than £7 per session, £2 per session for full-time students and free for former and current professional players. Therefore we are not offering any further discounts.
*Discounts are applied automatically during the registration and checkout.
**Please note that all tickets are nonrefundable.
Each attendee only needs to register once for the Conference and they will receive registration details for each session advance of the event.
Webinars will be scheduled to UK time (between 2-7pm UK time), so block your calendars accordingly.
The panel schedule may be subject to change due to speaker availability.
- Regulating and Educating Football Agents
- Manager and Backroom Staff Contracts
- Key changes to FIFA Regulations
- Player Rights: Duty of Care and Return to Play
- Match-Fixing in Football
- Safeguarding Players and Staff
- Taxation and Player Transfers
- Dealing with Racism in Football
- Reputation Management
- Sponsorship Developments
- Developments in Media Rights and the Gambling Industry
- Brand Protection Workshop
- In-House Counsel Forum
- Women’s Football
- The WADA Code and Football
- Financing Football Clubs
- Financial Control and Regulation of Football Clubs
- Player Contracts: Transfer of Players, Sell-on Clauses and Solidarity Payments
- Liquidation and Administration in Football
- Investing in Technology in Football
- Comparing Approaches to Dispute Resolution and Sanctioning during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Update
The panel schedule may be subject to change due to speaker availability.
Thursday, 21 May 2020
Regulating and Educating Football Agents - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Stefania Genesis - Co-Founder and Director, Livida Sport (Moderator)
- Serhat Yilmaz - Director, Professional Certificate Program for Sports Agents, Loughborough University
- Ricardo Cardoso – Sports Lawyer, CMB Law Firm
- Guo Cai – Practice Head International Law and Sports – Jin Mao Law Firm
- Nuno Santos Rocha – Head of Legal, FC Porto
- Vittorio Rigo – Managing Partner, ELSA Lex
Managers and Backroom Staff Contracts - 5PM BST, 6PM CET, 1PM EDT
- Libby Payne – Senior Associate, Withers
- Sean Jones QC – Barrister 11KBW
- John Mehrzad QC – Head of Sport, Littleton Chambers
- Nick Humphreys - Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper
Friday, 22 May 2020
Key Changes to the FIFA Regulations - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Carol Couse – Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP (Moderator)
- James Kitching – Director of Football Regulatory, FIFA
- Mario Florez Chemor – Associate, Morgan Sports Law
- Jan Kleiner – Partner & Co-Head of Sport, Bär & Karrer
Player’s Rights: Duty of Care & Return to Play- 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Tammi Gaw - Founder and Executive Director, Advantage Rule LLC (Moderator)
- Gareth Farrelly - Solicitor, Bermans (and Ex-Premier League Player)
- Prof. Mark James - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brendan Schwab, Executive Director of the World Players Association.
- Loic Alves - Legal Counsel, FIFPRO
Tuesday, 26 May 2020
Match-Fixing in Football - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Kendrah Potts – Barrister, 4 New Square
- Phil Hutchinson – Senior Associate, Mills & Reeve
- Jake Marsh – Head of Integrity, Stats Perform
- Nick Raudenski – Integrity Officer, UEFA
- Affy Sheikh – Head of Starlizard Integrity Services
Safeguarding Players and Staff - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Fenella Morris QC, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers (moderator)
- Richard Bush, Senior Associate, Bird & Bird
- Hannah Kent, Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys
- Joshua Charalambous, Associate, RPC
- Katie Fudakowski Partner Farrer & Co
- Ennio Bovolenta, Head of Integrity Legal & Compliance Division (TBC)
Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Taxation and Player Transfers - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Marie-Anne Lindhardt - Partner, MAQS Advokatbyrå
- Peter Hackleton - Head of Sports and Entertainment Group, Saffery Champness
- Daan Buylaert - Tax Counsel, Tiberghien
- Carlos Carnero - Lawyer, Senn Ferrero, Associados Sports & Entertainment
- Dr Mario Tenore - Tax Advisor, Maisto e Associati
Dealing with Racism in Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Laura Da Silva Gomes – Silverfish CSR (Moderator)
- Troy Townsend – Head of Development, Kick it Out
- Craig Harris – Barrister, Furnival Chambers
- Ifeanyi Odogwu – Barrister, Garden Court Chambers
- Piara Powar – Executive Director at FARE Network
- Elaine Banton - Barrister, 7 Bedford Row
Thursday, 28 May 2020
Reputation Management - 3PM BST, 4PM CET, 10AM EDT
- Karim Bouzidi – Partner, Clintons
- Caroline McAteer – Director, Sports PR Company
- David Sherborne – Barrister, 5RB
Sponsorship Developments - 5PM BST, 6PM CET, 13PM EDT
- Ashley Blake - Partner, The Sports Consultancy Legal
- Alex Kelham - Partner, Lewis Silkin
- Chris Duffy - Company Solicitor, Celtic Football Club
- Adrian Bevington - Founder, Bevington Sport & PR Limited
- Jonathan Bellamy - Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
Friday, 29 May 2020
Developments in Football Media Rights and Gambling - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Rowena Samarasinhe - Partner, LEVEL (Moderator)
- Paul Darling QC - Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- David Zeffman, Partner - Head of Gambling and Sport, CMS
- Antariksh Das - Head of Legal, Regulatory and Governance, All India Football Federation
- Álvaro Gómez de la Vega Jiménez - Legal Manager, Málaga Club de Fútbol
The WADA Code and Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Jeff Benz - Attorney, Barrister, Arbitrator, Mediator, JAMS & 4 New Square (Moderator)
- Paul Greene - Global Sports Advocates
- Brianna Quinn - Attorney, Levy Kaufmann Kohler
Monday, 01 June 2020
In-house Counsel Forum - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Sabrina Buljubasic - CEO, FK Sarajevo
- Amy Wells – Legal Counsel, Everton FC
- Andrew Mercer – Acting General Counsel and Legal Director, Asian Football Confederation
- Steve Argeris – Vice-President and General Counsel, Tepper Sports (Carolina Panthers and Charlotte MLS 2021
- Michael Murphy – Legal Counsel, Premier Soccer League
Women’s Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Reyes Bellver - Bellver Sports (Moderator)
- Izzy Wray - Consultant, Deloitte Sports Business Group
- Nan Sato - Lawyer, Field-R Law
- Daniele Muscarà - Legal Consultant, Juventus Football Club
Tuesday, 02 June 2020
Brand Protection Workshop - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Sean Corbett - Founder and Principal, Pit Stop Brand Consultancy
Financing Football Clubs - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Marcos Motta - Co-Founder, Bichara e Motta Advogados
- Graham Shear - Head of Commercial Litigation, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Jonathan Brown - Partner, Forensics - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Control Risks
- Timothy Bridge - Director, Deloitte Sports Business Group
- Michael Savva - Partner, Watson Farley Williams
- Elio Andrea Palmitessa - Chartered Accountant and Tax Advisor, BDC Associati
Wednesday, 03 June 2020
Financial Control and Regulation of Football Clubs - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Steven Flynn - Barrister, Kings Chambers
- Kieran Maguire - Lecturer, Liverpool University, author of Price of Football
Player Contracts: Transfer of Players, Sell-on Clauses and Solidarity Payments - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Patricia Moyersoen - Managing Partner, Cabinet Moyersoen
- Ariel Reck - Sports Lawyer
- Kuba Laskowski - Director of Legal and Sport Administration, Legia Warsaw
- Jaques Blondin - Head of TMS, FIFA
- Pekka Aho - Attorney-at-Law, Applex Attorneys
Thursday, 04 June 2020
Liquidation and Administration of Football Clubs -2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Mark Hovell - Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Josep Vandellos Alamilla - Founder, Vandellos Sports Law
Investing in Technology in Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Jon Walters - Partner, Northridge Law LLP (Moderator)
Friday, 05 June 2020
Comparing Approaches to Dispute Resolution and Sanctions During COVID-19 - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Despina Mavromati - Attorney SportLegis; UEFA Appeals Body Member (Moderator)
- Roberto Barracco - National Dispute Resolution Chamber (CNRD) Head of Research, Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (CBF)
- Takuya Yamazaki - Partner, Field R Law
- Murray Rosen QC - Barrister, 4 New Square
COVID-19 Impact on Football Update - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Sean Cottrell - Founder and CEO, LawInSport (Moderator)
- Rustam Sethna - Associate, LawInSport
- Michele Colucci - EU Civil Servant and Member of the FIFA DRC
- Nick De Marco QC - Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Brendan Schwab, Executive Director, World Players Association
- Each day will have approximately 1/1.5 hours between 2-7pm BST.
- Recordings will be available to registered attendees after the session finishes.
- The schedule may be subject to change depending on speakers availability.
Online using Zoom Webinar.
The conference offers over 22 hours of self-accredited CPD. Certificates of attendance will be provide.
Attendees can get a full certificate of attendance even if they have not been able watch live providing they have watch the full recordings of each session.
PREVIOUS ATTENDING COMPANIES
|Event Date||21-05-2020 9:00|
|Event End Date||05-06-2020 22:00|