Key tax issues to consider when moving football players to the UK, Belgium, Italy & Spain
In this interactive webinar our speakers will discuss and explain the key tax issues to consider when moving football players to the UK, Belgium, Italy & Spain.
This webinar is free for LawInSport Plus members and is part of our 'Learn with LawInSport' webinar series.
The topics to be covered include:
- How is tax residency decided?
- Are there special tax regimes available to sport stars? What is considered taxable income and how is it treated?
- How are image rights structures handled in each country?
- How are agent fees treated and what is the potential tax impact of the draft FIFA agents regulations?
- What are the key pitfalls to be aware of when moving players to each country? Drawing on real life examples.
- Peter Hackleton, Head of Sports and Entertainment Group - Saffery Champness, UK
- Daan Buylaert, Tax Counsel - Tiberghien, Belgium
- Carlos Carnero, Lawyer - Senn, Ferrero, Asociados Sports & Entertainment, Spain
- Dr Mario Tenore, Tax Advisor - Maisto e Associati, Italy
This provides 1.5 hours of self accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
A certificate is provided for attendees who attend the complete webinar.
Event End Date
£27 (Inclusive of VAT)