FIFA proposes restructuring celebration rules after Indian footballer dies due to back flip
After scoring an equalizing goal against Chanmari West FC, Indian football player from Mizoram Premier League, Peter Biaksangzuala, celebrated with multiple somersaults. He landed incorrectly during one backflip, leaving him unconscious.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: FIFA | Football | India | Indian Super League (ISL) | International Football Association Board (IFAB)
- What impact will the studies into concussion have on the risk of litigation from rugby players?
- How effective is FIFA's concussion protocol?
- Concussion Management in Sport: Insurance & Commercial Implications Explored
- Boxing coaches and Chef de Mission for India provisionally suspended by AIBA following Devi scandal
Manali is currently a fourth year JD Candidate at the University of Maine School of Law. She was the COO at LawInSport and continues to be an executive contributor of the editorial board for LawInSport. She holds an LLM in Sports Law from Nottingham Law School (Nottingham Trent University). She is currently the legal extern for the Professional Collegiate League, and also serves as an intern for the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.