Football Law 2021 Panel Summary: Legal Considerations When Financing Football Clubs
On 24 May 2021, LawInSport’s Football Law Conference 2021, brought together a panel of experts to discuss ‘Finance: Legal Consideration When Financing Clubs’. Topics included:
- the various forms of raising finance that clubs undertake;
- the legal requirements that need to be consider before accessing the different forms of finance;
- the risks management aspects of accessing finance;
- receiving financing that is consider ‘aid” through public authorities;
This article provides a summary of the main points of discussion, however, we have attributed to any particular point to individual speaker.
The speakers were:
- Marianne Clayton: State Aid Specialist, Clayton & Segura
- Michael Savva: Partner, Watson Farley & Williams (Middle East) LLP
- Christopher Flanagan: Managing Editor, International Sports Law Journal & In-House Counsel in a Bank (as moderator)
If you would like to watch the panel discussion and access all the 18 sessions from the Football Law Digital Conference 2021 you can purchase a ticket here.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Article 107(1) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union | Barcelona | Elche | EU General Court | Finance | Financial Fair Play | La Liga | Real Madrid | Regulation | State Aid | UEFA Club Licensing Benchmarking Report 2021 | Valencia