5 August 2016 – The ad hoc Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) at the Olympic Games Rio 2016 has now registered 21 procedures since its opening on 26 July 2016.
In the afternoon of 5 August 2016, the situation is the following in the arbitrations involving Russian athletes:
1) Applications partially upheld:
- Anastasia Karabelshikova & Ivan Podshivalov v/ FISA (award published)
- Yulia Efimova v/ Russian Olympic Committee (ROC), IOC and FINA (award published) (see CAS media releases of 4 August 2016)
2) Applications dismissed:
- Russian Weightlifting Federation (RWF) v/ International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) (award published)
- Daniil Andrienko and 16 other rowers v/ World Rowing Federation (FISA) and IOC (award published)
- Ivan Balandin v/ FISA (award in preparation)
- Kiriil Sveshnikov, Dmitry Sokolov & Dmitry Strakhov v/ UCI & IOC (award in preparation)
3) Applications withdrawn:
- Vladimir Morozov and Nikita Lobintsev v/ FINA
- Andrey Kraytor v/ IOC and International Canoe Federation (ICF)
- Tima Turieva, Ruslan Albegov, Adam Maligov and Artem Okulov v/ IWF and IOC
4) Applications pending:
- Viktor Lebedev v/ ROC, IOC and United World Wrestling (UWW)
- Daria Ustinova v/ FINA, ROC and IOC
- Natalia Podolskaya & Alexander Dyachenko v/ ICF
- Pavel Sozykin & Russian Yachting Federation (RYF) v/ World Sailing (WS) and IOC
In the other arbitration procedures, the situation is the following:
1) Mangar Makur Chuot Chep and South Sudan Athletics Federation v/ South Sudan National Olympic Committee: the athlete challenged his non-selection for the Olympic Games; the application was dismissed; award in preparation.
2) Jason Morgan v/ Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association: the athlete challenged his non-selection for the Olympic Games; the application was declared inadmissible; award in preparation.
3) Karen Pavcic v/ International Equestrian Federation (FEI): the athlete challenged his non-selection for the Olympic Games; the CAS ad hoc Division has no jurisdiction; reasoned award in preparation.
4) Tjipekopora Herunga v/ Namibian National Olympic Committee (NNOC): the athlete challenged his non-selection for the Olympic Games; the application was declared inadmissible; award published.
5) Vanuatu Association of Sports and national Olympic Committee (VANASOC & Vanuatu Beach Volleyball Association v/ International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) & Rio 2016 Organizing Committee: the Applicants challenged the FIVB decision to accept the replacement of Ms. Viktoria Orsi Toth by Ms. Laura Giombini in the Italian team following the positive doping test of Viktoria Orsi Toth for Clostebol, requested the exclusion of the entire Italian team from female beach volleyball competition and requested that the Vanuatu team (Ms. Miller Patta and Ms. Linline Matautu) be entitled to compete in the Women Beach Volleyball at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games; the application was dismissed; award published.