Tackling Doping in Sport 2010Sunday, 10 January 2010
World Sports Law Report
Tackling Doping in Sport 2010
24 February 2010 | London | Hammonds LLP
World-Class Speakers Confirmed:
- Pat McQuaid, President, UCI
- Travis Tygart, CEO, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
- Andy Parkinson, Chief Executive, UK Anti-Doping
- Françoise Dagouret, Manager of Doping-Free Sport Unit, SportAccord / GAISF
- Mike Earl, Doping Control Programme Manager, The FA
- Simon Bowden, Anti-Doping Officer, Rugby Football Union (RFU)
- Iain Higgins, Company Lawyer, International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Ian Smith, Legal Director, Professional Cricketer's Association (PCA)
- Charles Flint QC, Legal Member and Vice President of the National Anti-Doping Panel
- Stephen Watkins, Case Officer, National Anti-Doping Panel
- Dr. Stephan Netzle, Attorney-at-law, Netzle Rechtsanwälte & member of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- Mike Morgan, Lawyer, Hammonds LLP
- Stephen Sampson, Partner, Hammonds LLP
Tackling doping has always been crucial to the integrity of sport, but has become increasingly sophisticated as athletes adopt methods that are harder to detect. Anti-doping authorities have developed new methods to detect new forms of doping, but must also comply with legislation safeguarding the rights of the athlete. This full-day briefing offers expert guidance on striking the balance between strict enforcement of anti-doping regulations and consideration of athlete rights.
Tackling Doping in Sport 2010 will examine all new developments in anti-doping in detail, including the use of intelligence in the fight against doping; the use of biological passport programmes; the operation of illicit (recreational) drug programmes alongside the World Anti-Doping Code; the 'Whereabouts' requirements for athletes; blood doping in sport, and more.
World Sports Law Report, in association with Hammonds LLP is proud to present a line-up of world-class speakers, including national anti-doping authorities, sporting organisations, international sporting federations and more. Book now to reserve your place and join in this day of expert discussion on the future of anti-doping.
Who Should Attend?
- National Governing Bodies
- International Federations
- Government Officials
- Sport Scientists
- Anti-Doping Officers
- Disciplinary & Governance Professionals
- Legal & Business Advisors
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Anti-Doping