Alex is the Head of Lewis Silkin’s Sport Business Group. Her work focuses on advising entities across the sports sector on a wide range of predominantly commercial and IP issues.
She advises on, drafts and negotiates complex global sponsorship, licensing, and image rights deals. She advises on various aspects of major events, including bidding, athlete agreements, ticketing, supplier contracts, venue agreements, and brand protection matters. Ambush marketing is Alex’s ‘specialist’ subject and she speaks and writes regularly on the subject. In this area Alex advises on strategies for maximising protection and implementing ‘on the ground’ brand protection programmes. She also regularly advises clients on specific cases – be they a brand wanting to ensure they avoid infringement or a rights holder seeking to address an ambush. Alex also has expertise on advertising law issues relating to the activation of sponsorship rights especially where sector specific issues arise, for example with alcoholic beverage sponsors.
- The challenges of digitally placed advertising: Ofcom’s decisions on ‘undue prominence’ from the Singapore Grand Prix
- The laws on ambush marketing for FIFA World Cup 2018
- The winning formula for a successful sports brand: five key points
- How to register an Olympic Logo – The story of Tokyo 2020
- Navigating Olympic advertising: Rule 40 – a global perspective
- Ambush marketing and the legal issues to consider at the RWC 2015 and Euro 2020
- Attack or defend? Lessons on ambush marketing from Paddy Power
- #update: The evolution of the twitter ‘#’ disclosure rules
- #acknowledge: advertising compliance on social media - the solution for stars & sponsors is to get creative