Daniel is a Partner in the Sport Group.
Daniel’s practice focuses on helping clients in the sports sector, including rights holders, leagues, governing bodies, clubs, agencies, athletes, sports technology companies, broadcasters and financial institutions.
Daniel has significant experience in the football industry and has worked on a variety of club takeovers, high profile transfers, commercial endorsement deals and disputes.
- Esports uncovered – Part 3: The biggest risk factors facing the industry
- What a hard “red, white and blue” Brexit may mean for domestic football
- Esports uncovered – Part 2: the key stakeholders - a comparison with the football industry
- Esports uncovered – Part 1: an overview of the ecosystem
- Football player boot deals explained
- An overview of eSports Explosion and legal issues arising from it
- Football transfers: Buy-Back Clauses explained
- Our top 10 tips to understand the Football Association’s new Intermediary Regulations
- UEFA Financial Fair Play: an overview of the clubs’ settlements
- What does Ofcom’s investigation into Premier League broadcasting rights mean for stakeholders?
- Initial thoughts on the Football League Championship Clubs tweak to their Financial Regulations
- A comparison of how the Japanese J-League responds to racism in football compared to European leagues
- The 6 Second Vine, Football Broadcasting & the Premier League
- UEFA Champions League broadcasting rights revenues explained
- The benefit of Champions League football & the Premier League broadcasting deal to Liverpool FC
- The FIFA Suarez ban explained
- The Premier League wage cap: a well kept secret
- Football amortisation: Chelsea’s large Luiz profit
- UEFA Settlement Sanctions: a summary
- The football law basics: Making sense of football phrases
- Top ten tips to understand third party investment in football players
- Andy Carroll and the FA Disciplinary Appeal Procedures
- The FA, Anelka and the Quenelle
- UEFA FFP and Chelsea’s 12-13 accounts
- BT go sky high
- State Aid & football clubs: do they really need the money?
- Premier League cost control and sustainability provisions published
- Premier League jumps aboard the financial regulation ship
- Third party ownership of players in Argentina
- Daniel Geey’s top ten tips for understanding UEFA Financial Fair Play
- Manchester City’s £97m loss and Financial Fair Play compliance
- 2012 was a good year for Sky's football coverage but what does the future hold?
- A Premier League Salary Cap: Questions and Consequences
- The issue of racism, The FA hearing & John Terry
- Is it time for a standalone Premier League Internet offering?
- Sky win pay-TV appeal: the ramifications for football viewers
- Initial thoughts on the 2013/14 domestic Premier League broadcasting deal
- Financial fair play and third party ownership: updated UEFA licensing regulations
- Should EURO 2012 be broadcast free of charge to all European citizens?
- Current UEFA issues: FFP, TV distribution & third party ownership
- The new 2013/14 Premier League UK tender: some initial thoughts
- Football League Clubs have your say: Financial Fair Play is almost upon you
- Club Takeovers
- Kakuta who?