Jon provides commercial and corporate advice to clients. He is recognised by the directories as a “real go-to adviser” and a “commercial and regulatory expert”, with particular expertise on governance, corporate advice and commercial rights.
Recent work highlights include leading on governance reforms for The FA; the restructure of the Super League for the RFL; the WRU’s reset of regional rugby in Wales; and the sale of digital design agency, W12 Studios, to Tata Consultancy Services.
Jon has a broad client base across the sports, leisure and technology sectors. He leads Northridge’s Sports Tech programme, acting for high growth technology businesses and investors in the sports and entertainment industry.
He is recommended in Legal 500 for his abilities. Jon is also an editorial board member of LawInSport, an independent disputes panel member for British Fencing, and a contributing author to the “BASL Sports Law Yearbook” and Chambers “Global Practice Guide for Sports Law”.
T +44 (0) 20 3957 8810
M +44 (0) 7977 060881
- The athlete venture capitalist – the rise of athlete investors in sport
- Launching new sports competitions: key considerations for licensed and unlicensed events
- Sponsorship & data trends in sport: legal issues for sponsors & rights holders
- Legal Update: The Governance of Sport Bill
- Does extreme sport equate to extreme liability for sponsors?
- Rope-a-dope: the continued fight against doping in sport
- Unions in sport: more than breakaway groups
- Investigatory powers: obtaining evidence under the Norwich Pharmacal Jurisdiction
- Beware the hidden risk: event organiser and venue owner liability
- Ambush Marketing: "The Cool Sporting Event" Happening Between 2011 And 2013 In A Thameside City
- Lotus – A Divided Operation
- LOCOG Plans to Ambush Unauthorised Olympic Marketing