Richard heads both the London Corporate practice, and Sports practice, of Dentons.
Richard's focus is on M&A and corporate work. He is particularly interested in corporate governance issues, and regularly advises companies and other organisations on how they best operate to achieve good and effective governance standards.
In the sports sector he acted for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport on the London Olympics bid, advising on the establishment of the bid company and subsequently the establishment of LOCOG. He acted for Manchester City on its takeover by Thaksin Shinawatra. He also advised Group Lotus on its involvement in Formula 1.
Much of Richard's work is overseas, and he is currently advising the Saudi Arabian Government on the proposed privatisation of the Saudi Arabian football league.
- A guide to the Owners' and Directors' Test in English football
- The growth of football in China: internal reform and overseas ambition
- A guide to the legal due diligence process when buying a football club
- Is football's owners' & directors' test fit for purpose?
- Corporate governance: the role of the supporters’ trust
- Corporate governance in professional sport – the board of directors
- Corporate governance in professional sport: legal structures
- Corporate governance in professional sport