Tom is a solicitor specialising in commercial litigation and sports law. He acts for a wide variety of high-profile athletes, including cricketers, footballers, gymnasts and cyclists.
Tom has experience advising on all manner of contentious and non-contentious issues, including registration and transfers, commercial disputes with sponsors, and regulatory and disciplinary investigations. Tom also has experience advising players, agents and sponsors on image rights structures and agreements. Tom acts for football clubs (including overseas clubs) and advises on commercial and regulatory matters. He has experience advising national and international governing bodies on a wide range of issues, including corporate governance and regulatory and disciplinary matters and regularly drafts rules and procedures for governing bodies.
- How UK Sports Governing Bodies can prepare for the new General Data Protection Regulation
- Six key points for footballers to consider when signing their first professional contract
- Will The FA have problems enforcing the Intermediaries Regulations?
- Legal and regulatory considerations of minors in sport
- How the new Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act 2014 can aid the fight against match-fixing
- Exactly who is responsible for combatting match fixing?