The football managerial merry-go-round: employing former players & backroom staff: part 1
Employment law specialist Richard Williams examines the legal issues surrounding the hot topic of managerial changes in football. In this first part he takes a look at the legality of a new manager seeking to bring with him from his former club his players and/or backroom staff.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Goal-line technology or instant replay (video evidence)?
- Suarez bite: the real impact
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 1
- Daniel Striani and the UEFA FFP Regulations - the New Bosman?
- The football managerial merry-go-round: release fees & resignations: part 2
Richard Williams is Senior Legal Counsel at Coca-Cola Enterprises, specialising in Employment and Commercial Law. He has previously worked at Dentons and SJ Berwin, as well as in-house counsel for Virgin Atlantic. Richard has particular experience in the sports sector, working with teams, sponsors and governing bodies.