An interview with Maacah Scott, Staff Counsel at Arizona Diamondbacks
Published 14 August 2017 | Authored by: Sean Cottrell
Maacah Scott, Staff Counsel at Arizona Diamondbacks talks to Sean Cottrell (CEO and founder of LawInSport) about her varied role working in-house as a lawyer for a Major League Baseball (MLB).
Maacah also shares her personal story of how her determination, initiative and hard work helped to ensure she secured her dream job post qualification as a lawyer. There are lots of great points for those looking for in-house positions or trying to advance their careers within or outside their organisation.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Baseball | Careers | Contract | Employment | Governance | Major League Baseball (MLB) | Regulation | United States of America (USA)
- The art of million dollar sports media rights deals: An interview with Bobby Hacker
- Successful sports lawyers, it just so happens they are all women
- Interview with Dimitrios Efstathiou, Vice President, Legal at Major League Soccer
- Top 10 tips on how to become a sports lawyer