Key Issues In The Regulatory Structure Of Motorsport
It can be challenging to understand the regulatory and legal structures of international motorsport, therefore we have highlighted the essential information for you from LawInSport’s inaugural Motorsport Law Conference 2021. In this article we explain:
- What is the regulatory structure in Formula One?
- What role does Motorsport UK play in the regulatory structure of motorsport?
- The importance of clearly written regulations
- Why are decisions appealed to the FIA’s International Court Of Appeal rather than a neutral body like CAS?
- Are there any regulations pertaining to agents in motorsport?
- Do stakeholders in Formula One have any say in creating the regulations?
The speakers for the session were:
- Ollie Rumsey - Legal Director, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team
- Jamie Champkin - Regulatory Counsel and Disciplinary Officer, Motorsport UK
- Jamie Horner - Partner, Keystone Law, Director Arden Racing & the Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA)
- Sean Cottrell - Founder and CEO of LawInSport (moderator)
Plus Members can access the full session here.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Formula 1 | Governance | Motorsport | Regulation
- Cost Controls in Motorsport
- Regulatory Issues In Motorsport
- How Do Cost Controls Work In Motorsports?
Chris is the Editor at LawInSport, and takes responsibility for the review of content in conjunction with the Editorial Board. Prior to joining LawInSport, Chris graduated from Nottingham University, and trained and worked as a litigation lawyer at King & Wood & Mallesons SJ Berwin.