How The EFL Championship’s Profitability & Sustainability Rules Have Changed In 2022
On 17 February 2022, the English Football League (EFL) Championship clubs approved several changes to the division’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (P&S Rules). The proposed changes took immediate effect. This article examines:
- The reason for the changes to the P&S Rules
- What the changes entail
- The recent DCMS research paper considering the financial sustainability of football clubs
- How the P&S changes support financial sustainability
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Championship | English Football League | Football | Profitability & Sustainability Rules | Regulatory
- The perilous state of EFL club finances: A review of the Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday cases
- An Overview Of The Fan-Led Review Of Football Governance
- Legal experts’ opinions on the Fan Led Review of Football Governance
Simon Grossobel is a highly experienced sports regulatory and dispute resolution solicitor and a partner at Quastels LLP. He frequently represents players, agents, clubs, and associations in disputes and provides them with advice in connection with commercial contracts and sports specific regulations.