Key points from The F.A. -v- Massimo Cellino case on unauthorised agents and the disciplinary process
Almost a year since the case was heard before an FA Regulatory Commission, the final decision in the case of The FA v Massimo Cellino has been published.1 This blog analyses the case, looking specifically at:
The background to the case
The Regulatory Commission decision
The first appeal
The second appeal
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: FA | Football | Governance | Regulation | The FA Rules and Regulations | The Football League | United Kingdom (UK)
- A guide to The Football League’s decision on Massimo Cellino
- An analysis of how English football can reinforce the criteria of who is a “fit and proper person” to run or own a club
- New International Test and ODI Leagues agreed in principle by ICC members
- Young and in demand: The legality of buy-out clauses in Spanish football contracts
About the Author
Nick is rated a leading silk in Sports Law and is a member of Blackstone Chambers.
He has advised and acted for a number of sports governing bodies, athletes, most Premier League football clubs and many world-class football players in commercial and regulatory disputes.