Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in North America
Published 30 December 2019 By: Chris Bond
As a new year (and a new decade!) begins, we wanted to take the opportunity to identify and provide some insights into what we think will be the top sports law issues to watch out for in 2020.
We therefore invited each member of our Editorial Board to write a short summary of their highlights. Below are the responses from our North American members. We hope this proves useful not only in identifying specific cases and issues, but also in detecting broader themes and giving a feel for the zeitgeist when read in conjunction with the contributions from other jurisdictions.
We would like to thank each member of our Editorial Board for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their views with us, and also more broadly for their significant input into LawInSport over the course of the year. Thank you.
Get access to this article and all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport
Already a member?
Articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Anti Corruption | Anti Doping | Athlete Welfare | Betting | Canada | Commercial | Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | Dispute Resolution | Employment | Fair Pay to Play | Football | Gambling | Governance | Independent Accountability Resolution Process | MLB | National Collegiate Association (NCAA) | NBA | NFL | NHL | Olympics | Regulation | United States of America (USA) | World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in Asia & Australia
- Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in Central & South America
- Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in Europe
- Sports law in 2020 - key issues to watch in Africa & Middle East
Chris is the Editor at LawInSport, and takes responsibility for the review of content in conjunction with the Editorial Board. Prior to joining LawInSport, Chris graduated from Nottingham University, and trained and worked as a litigation lawyer at King & Wood & Mallesons SJ Berwin.