As partners for this year’s Soccerex Global Convention, taking place 6-10th September, LawInSport will be hosting the Finance and Legal Workshops on Monday 8th September. Be sure to come and see us at the convention.
Our CEO, Sean Cottrell, will be the compare for the LawInSport at Soccerex Global Convention 2014 and moderate the panel session with two members of Pro Manchester, Dan Jones, Lead Partner, Sports Business Group at Deloitte and Mark Hovell, Partner at Mills & Reeve, who will be discussing how Manchester United and Manchester City are developing their business models, focusing on talent & infrastructure investment, global commercial growth & fan engagement.
A number of our readers have already benefited from the 20% discount for LawInSport readers. If you have not yet secured your ticket here are the reasons why you should to be attending football's most important business event of the year.
- 1-2-1’s with industry leaders like Joseph Blatter, Jeffrey Webb and HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein – want to find out the latest legal issues from FIFA’s top table? Then look no further to three of football’s biggest interviews.
- Shaping the game: the governance, regulation and finance of football: a mix of industry experts including a member of Luis Suarez’s legal team, will dissect the most pressing issues affecting the game including player ownership & transfers, third party ownership, financial fair play and broadcasting rights.
- FIFA TMS will discuss the need for stronger transfer management system and a global player exchange.
- PwC and ING will present their new joint venture, positioned as ‘a sport office for the soccer world’.
- Guernsey Finance will explore how the island’s world-first image rights “law and register” is being used to protect and commercially exploit images but also manage wealth in a way which has long term benefits.
- Soccerex Transfer Review by Prime Time Sport, a definitive guide to the summer’s transfer dealings of Europe’s biggest clubs will be presented featuring Guillem Balague.
- City v United, in a special ProManchester session hosted by LawInSport, senior representatives from Deloitte and Mills & Reeve will look at how United and City are developing their business models focusing on a number of key factors.
Networking & Business:
- In addition to the workshops, there will be senior representatives from the likes of: Aon Sport, Hedgehog Risk Solutions, Field Fisher Waterhouse, Barclays, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Hiscox Group and Deloitte.
- Our SoccerMatch service gives exhibitors direct access to a host of Premier League, Football League, European and International clubs attending the Convention in a dedicated business environment.
- At the end of the day, the social evenings at the National Football Museum and Old Trafford gives you the opportunity to build upon your new networks in a relaxed atmosphere.
- As with every Soccerex event there will be a host of football legends for you to meet and interact with including, Carlos Alberto Torres, Ryan Giggs, Fabio Cannavaro, Gianfranco Zola, Bryan Robson, Ossie Ardiles, Denis Law, Mike Summerbee, Carlos Valderrama and Phil Neville.
With all this on offer, can you afford not to be there?
**Reference “LawInSport” when booking your ticket to receive your 20% discount**
We look forward to seeing you in Manchester.