The first day of LawInSport's inaugural Motorsport Law Conference will finish with a discussion on cost controls in motorsport - tune in today at 4 PM BST.
This panel highlights the increased focus on reducing the cost of participating in motorsport and looks at the changes to regulations and measures implemented by teams to manage costs effectively and meet regulatory requirements. Our speakers on this topic will be:
- Sean Cottrell, CEO, LawInSport
- Joel Cohen, General Secretary, Motorsport UK
- Carl Troman, Barrister, 4 New Square
- Jamie Horner, Partner, Keystone Law, Director Arden Racing & the Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA)
- Tom de la Mare, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
Our panel will discuss:
- How effective the cost control measures have been
- What can motorsport learn from other sports such as football and rugby?
- The regulatory approaches or rules which have made a positive impact on the sector
- How do cost control measures address competitive balance and impact issues such as accessibility, diversity and engagement across all levels of motorsport both domestically and internationally?
The conference provides attendees with interactive panel discussions, with world-leading experts discussing the contemporary legal issues impacting motorsport. You get to engage will fellow attendees in the chat feature and ask your questions throughout the sessions. You will also be able to obtain between 4-7 hours of self-accredited CPD. Certificates of attendance will be provided.
The conference is designed for sports lawyers, sports executives & administrators, agents, academics, students, drivers and athletes.
For further information including the full agenda and speaker list go to and details of how to book your place, click here.
You can follow updates from the conference on Twitter using #motorsportlaw21