UCI - 2015 Team Registration Process
Teams wishing to be registered in first or second division for the 2015 road season are required to submit a registration file to the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). The UCI, in association with EY (formerly Ernst & Young), evaluates whether the teams are in compliance with the UCI Regulations, particularly in terms of their administration and finances.
In accordance with its regulations the UCI is today publishing the list of teams that have submitted a registration file.
UCI WorldTeams* (1st division) in possession of a UCI WorldTour licence for 2015:
- AG2R LA MONDIALE
- ASTANA PRO TEAM
- LOTTO SOUDAL
- ORICA GreenEDGE
- TEAM GIANT – ALPECIN
- TEAM KATUSHA
*From January 1st 2015, UCI ProTeams will be called “UCI WorldTeams”.
Teams applying for a UCI WorldTour licence (1st division) or requesting a renewal:
- BMC RACING TEAM
- ETIXX – QUICK STEP
UCI Professional Continental Teams (2nd division):
- ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI
- BARDIANI CSF
- BRETAGNE – SECHE ENVIRONNEMENT
- CCC SPRANDI POLKOWICE
- COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CRÉDITS
- DRAPAC PROFESSIONAL CYCLING
- IAM CYCLING
- MTN – QHUBEKA
- NIPPO – VINI FANTINI *
- TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN – BALOISE
- WANTY – GROUPE GOBERT
*new candidates to the status of UCI Professional Continental Team
Note to editors:
This information is being published with a view to keeping all concerned parties informed about the progress of the registration files submitted by first and second division teams. The files contain the following essential information:
- the sponsorship contracts duly signed with the main partners,
- the bank guarantee,
- for new teams only, a description of their structure together with a copy of the deed of incorporation of the paying agent.
The files will now undergo an in-depth evaluation, the results of which will determine the next steps in the registration process:
- A maximum of 18 UCI WorldTeams in possession of a licence will automatically be registered as of November 3rd if no irregularities are brought to notice. Files with non-conformities will be passed on to the Licence Commission (article 2.15.071).
- Candidates to a UCI WorldTour licence (first request or renewal), will automatically have their files submitted to the Licence Commission (article 2.15.017).
- For UCI Professional Continental Teams, the registration process will be completed by November 3rd if no irregularities are brought to notice (article 2.16.016).
The registration process for teams will be closely examined as part of the reform of professional road cycling. The principal aim will be to make it clearer and more consistent with other elements of the reform.
For more information
UCI Press Officer
+41 79 198 7047
+44 7813 814 816
- UCI Management Committee agrees key decisions - Anti-doping Tribunal established
- 2014 UCI Road World Championships expanding TV reach into new territories
- Press release: Roman Kreuziger’s appeal rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- Press release: UKAD Confirms Two-Year Ban for Professional Cyclist Jonathan Tiernan-Locke