Working in an esports giant - Andrew Cooke, General Counsel, Fnatic E89
Our special guest today is Andrew Cooke, General Counsel at the Global esports Brand, Fnatic. H e is the former General Counsel and Head of Strategy for Flash Entertainment in Abu Dhabi where he supported in delivering live events to more than 8 million people, from sponsorship activations through to global football tournaments.
In this interview Andrew discusses the history of Fnatic, the exciting partnership with UNICEF, managing risk in a fast growth business in the esports sector, duty of care in esports, esports media rights, the role of in-house lawyers and lawyers having meaningful purposes in their work. Andrew has a genuine passion about learning and development for lawyers as you will tell from the interview.
* History of Fnatic
* UNICEF partnership and how it may evolve
* Managing risk of a fast growth business in the esports
* Fnatic teams and competitions played in
* Evolving duty of care in eSports
* Comparison between experience in music & sport events to esports
* Managing online culture and toxicity in the gaming
* eSports Players understanding their value
* Different esports competitions and structures
* Intellectual property rights and players increased awareness of players commercial value of rights
* Different way rights get negotiated in sport compared to music and where esports is at.
* Media rights in esports compared to football
* Selecting external advisors and the role of in-house lawyers.
* The role of general counsels.
* Finding your purpose - where do you fit in the legal profession
* Law firms understanding their value
We thoroughly enjoyed the interview and took a lot away from it. We hope you do the same.
The host is Sean Cottrell (@spcott), founder and CEO of LawInSport.
For more sports law news, commentary and analysis go to LawInSport.com https://www.lawinsport.com/
Upcoming Events: https://www.lawinsport.com/sports-law-events
LawInSport Recruitment: https://www.lawinsport.com/jobs
LawInSport Annual Conference: https://www.lawinsport.com/annual-conference
LawInSport Academy Mentoring Scheme: https://www.lawinsport.com/announcements
Follow us on Twitter @LawInSport and Sean at @spcott.
Listen to podcast on:
Most Android podcast apps.