This Master in Sports Management & Legal Skills, by ISDE and FC Barcelona, has been designed for graduates in Business Administration, Law and Economics, as well as for professionals from other fields who wish to develop their careers in the world of sports and professional athletes who, after having retired from the competition, aspire to continue in the sports field as managers.
This Masters in Sports Management and Legal Skills, carried out in collaboration with the Fútbol Club Barcelona, has a duration of one year full time.
Students who wish to enroll in it must have a good level of English as it is the official language of the program and all lectures will be taught exclusively in that language.
Why choose the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills of ISDE and F. C. Barcelona?
- More than 20 years of experience in training in sports programs
- Prestige and international recognition
- More than 200 offices, firms and sports organizations worldwide
- The faculty of this master is formed by the most recognized professionals of the international sports world..
- The Master includes one academic stay (Switzerland), where students will be trained in leading institutions and firms in the sports industry. Flights and accommodation are included.
- You will learn all the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to direct and manage sports institutions..
- We guarantee a period of practice in high-level sports institutions. An opportunity that will provide you with the necessary security in the beginning and future of your professional career. An opportunity to learn from the leaders of the international sports industry and to work with the best professionals in the sector.
- More than 20 years of experience in sports training.
- Job exchange in which sports organizations collaborate and offices of lawyers of reference for a fast integration where they select to excellently formed professionals.
- Teaching methodology based on a combination of practical cases, lectures, institutional visits and professional practices.
Professional careers after finishing the Master
Some of the professional careers after finishing the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills:
- Management of sports organizations
- Law Offices
- Sports Agent
- Sports Consulting
- Sports Equipment Industry
- Sports Centers
- Federations, Leagues, Clubs and Associations
- Training and education
- Management in sports service companies
- Organization of sporting events
1. BARÇA MODULE
- Strategic planning
- Innovation in Sports
- Legal Department
- Corporate Social Responsibility
2. ORGANIZATION AND INTERNATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE SPORTS
- International Federations
- Olympic International Committee and Olympic International Academy
- EU and – Sports organization. Specificity of sport
- US Sports – US College Sports
- Model of Football Competitions (Champions League)
3. STATUS AND TRANSFERS OF PLAYERS
- Football Players’ Contract models.
- The Influence of FIFA regulations (Status and Transfer of Players).
- Transfers and loans of players (national / international)
- Training compensation / Solidarity mechanism.
- Transfer of Minors.
4. REPRESENTATION AND INTERMEDIATION OF PLAYERS
- Football Player and Coach representation.
- Club representation.
- Representation of players on other sports
- Representation in the US Sport market
5. LABOUR REGULATION IN SPORTS
- Sport and work in the EU
– Professional athletes / amateur athletes
– Comparative analysis of state regulations
- Labour Regulations in Sports
- General principles and employment relationships in football
- Alterations in the development of the employment relationship: national teams
- Employment Contracts on the US market
6. ORGANIZATION OF SPORTS EVENTS
- Management of international events
- Exploitation of assets
- Legal Aspects of the Organization of Major sports Events
- FIFA bidding process
- Moto GP Licensing and Sponsorship programs
7. GOVERNAMENCE AND LIABILITY IN SPORTS.
- Liability in Sports
- Governance in Sport
8. MARKETING, TV AND COMMUNICATION IN SPORTS.
- General concepts of marketing. Scope. Strategies. Markets
- Sports marketing. Definition. The industry. The Athletes. Sports entities
- Brands. Brand management. Image rights
- Market research
- Merchandising. Kit suppliers
- Media rights (TV, radio, internet)
- Marketing plan. Marketing agencies
- Communication in sport
- TV production and management
9. SPORTS MANAGEMENT
- Strategic planning. Organization and management
- Strategic Management. Data Analysis
- Human resources and Risk management
- Leadership in sports
- Change and transitional management in sports
- Management of sports facilities
- Motivation in the frame of the structural organization
- Management of a Sports Association, the Catalan Tennis Federation
- Management in football clubs
- Event Operations Management
10. INTEGRITY AND DOPING
- Integrity and match fixing
- Betting Doping.
- Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs)
- Proof of doping. Results Management
11. RESOLUTION MECHANISMS: ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION
- Introduction to mediation and arbitration in sports
- Introduction to TAS-CAS: structure and function. Procedures
- The practice of a lawyer before CAS/ Relevant case law
12. SPORTS FINANCE
- Comparative analysis & Tax Planning
- Direct and undirect taxes & Tax benefits
- Taxation of income from exploitation of image rights & Taxation of Sponsorhip
- Finance Direction of Clubs
13. SPORT IP
- The importance of IP in the sports industry. EUIPO. IP in the US
- Brands and distinctive signs
- The new role of digital content on sponsorship and media rights
- Ambush Marketing
14. GLOBAL EXPANSION OF SPORTS AND LEADERSHIP
- Sports Leadership
- Global expansion of sport
- Sports Innovation
- Women sports
- Sports Organization
- Practical Case
- Moto GP
- European Championships.
- eSports: introduction to the industry
- eSports: Formation, competition system and management of a professional league