Carol is a Partner in the sports team at Mills & Reeve LLP , with extensive in-house and in private practice experience of dealing with sports regulatory matters, whether contentious or non-contentious, including in respect of all legal issues pertaining to football transfers. She has represented clients before dispute resolution and disciplinary bodies of the Premier League, The FA, UEFA, FIFA and the CAS.
As a Spanish speaker, Carol frequently advises top athletes, agents, and clubs in Spain and Latin America. Carol is regularly invited to lecture at universities and conferences all over the world, publishes articles on a wide variety of sport-related matters, and often provides comments and analysis on legal issues in sport for the BBC, the Times, the Guardian, the New York Times, Sky Sports, ESPN and others.
- Sports disputes and disciplinary procedures – the year in review 2019/20
- Trends in digital brand engagement, image rights and sponsorship deals in sport
- Case review: US Soccer Federation v National Players Association (use of player likenesses)
- The potential impact of Brexit on European football
- Gutierrez v Newcastle Utd disability discrimination case: the wider implications for sport
- The FA’s new work permit system & proposal for new “home grown” rules