Carol is a consultant in the sports team at Mills & Reeve LLP and has over thirteen years of experience in sports law, both in-house and in private practice.
As a fluent Spanish speaker, Carol frequently advises top athletes, agents, and clubs in Spain, Latin America, and South America. Carol is regularly invited to lecture at universities and conferences all over the world, publishes articles on a wide variety of sport-related matters, and often provides comments and analysis on legal issues in sport for the BBC, the Times, the Guardian, the New York Times, Sky Sports, ESPN and others.
- Trends in digital brand engagement, image rights and sponsorship deals in sport
- Case review: US Soccer Federation v National Players Association (use of player likenesses)
- The potential impact of Brexit on European football
- Gutierrez v Newcastle Utd disability discrimination case: the wider implications for sport
- The FA’s new work permit system & proposal for new “home grown” rules