Charlie is a senior associate at Stevens & Bolton LLP and specialises in the sports, media and entertainment sectors. Charlie advises on a wide range of sporting issues and has particular experience in the motor racing and football industries.
Recent examples of Charlie's work include advising a Formula One team on a variety of matters, negotiating a car supply and race support deal into the UK with a major Japanese racing brand and acting for a Premier League football club in connection with its sponsorship and online gambling arrangements. Charlie also spent a period of time working at Nike's European headquarters in The Netherlands and continues to work on a range of sports retail related matters for a number of brands. Charlie is an avid player and watcher of all sports and enjoys taking this interest into the legal sphere.
- Negotiating new kit sponsorship deals: Nike & Chelsea “Just Do It”
- Why football players and managers should own their own trade marks
- Politics and sport: How FIFA, UEFA and the IOC regulate political statements by athletes
- How consumer credit regulation affects the sports industry
- To PLC or not To PLC: a review of publicly traded companies in football
- 2014 technical regulations for F1® racing have affected the competitive balance between factory and customer teams
- An analysis of The FA Football Agents Regulations and the RFU Regulation 8 (Agents) – Part 2
- An analysis of The FA Football Agents Regulations and the RFU Regulation 8 (Agents) – Part 1
- Pushing the (tyre) limits in F1
- Suarez bite: the real impact
- Rugby: conflict of interest between club and country
- Match that! Contractual lessons from the unhappy divorce of Rory and Oakley
- Singapore Grand Prix: business as usual?
- Sport and politics - a legal angle