Josep F. Vandellos Alamilla
Josep is an independent lawyer with extensive experience in international sports law. During the last ten years his practice has entirely focused in representing athletes, clubs, national associations, agents and coaches in front of the different dispute resolution bodies and the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne (Switzerland). He also advises his clients on a regular basis in contract drafting and negotiations.
Josep is the Academic Director of the ISDE-FC Barcelona Global Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills (on-line edition), and sits as member of the Editorial Board of Lawinsport and other specialized publications. He has published in 2018 the handbook “Football Coach-Related Disputes A critical analysis of the FIFA Players’ Status Committee decisions and CAS awards” (Ed. Michele Colucci) and multiple specialized articles.
In April 2018 he was appointed as arbitrator to the Sport Resolutions’ Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators (Sport Resolutions UK).
- Why FIFA needs to provide a specific regulatory framework for football coaches (the difficulties in resolving club-coach disputes and the application of Swiss law)
- An overview of the regulations on pitch invasions in Spanish football
- The shifting legal landscape of bullfighting in Spain
- What are the obligations on footballers to conduct media activities? Comparing the rules in UK, USA, Spain, Belgium & Italy
- Refusal to delivery the ITC in international transfers of football players and free movement of workers within the EU - Entry B