Sean is an IP practitioner and trade mark attorney with a unique insight into, and focus on, brand protection issues. After 14 action-fueled years at Formula One Management Ltd where he was Brand Protection Manager Sean has set up on his own as a Brand Protection Consultant offering a unique one-stop resource for every conceivable brand protection challenge to help protect, develop and strengthen the IP rights that are crucial to commercial success.
With a wealth of experience devising and maintaining the brand protection strategy for the pinnacle of motorsport, F1 racing, and in protecting the IP rights surrounding one of the world’s most popular sporting events and most imitated brands Sean is well versed in managing global IP portfolios combined with extensive experience of managing litigation in key territories adopting a commercially smart and pragmatic approach to resolving conflicts.
Sean previously worked in private practice at a niche boutique firm specialising in trade marks. After leaving law school Sean combined an interest in all areas of IP with his love of writing by working as an IP and Media editor at Lawtel, harnessing his ability to explain complicated issues clearly and concisely.
Away from work Sean is a keen snow boarder where he practices the art of falling down a mountain with style at every opportunity. A lifelong QPR fan and keen golfer Sean loves sport with a passion and still harbours dreams of a call-up as scrum half for Ireland and qualifying for the Open.
- Intellectual property rights update: key cases for sport in 2017/18
- The importance of trade marks in football – controlling brand value & avoiding own goals
- How to deal with counterfeits in China
- One of the world’s most lucrative industries – the trade in counterfeit sport goods
- An overview of ICANN’s gTLD Programme: what do sports brands need to consider to protect their brand?