Tim's practice focuses on the problems faced by small and medium sized enterprises in the commercial and employment fields. As a former international hockey player and qualified coach, distinctly average golfer, road cyclist and long term Liverpool fan, Tim also has a keen interest in sport and legal matters relating to sport.
In the Sports Law field, Tim has acted for various clubs, bodies and individuals in relation to a variety of commercial; and employment matters in the sports law field. He is also happy to advise and appear in disciplinary matters. Previous clients include, Gianluca Vialli, Lee Bowyer, David Lloyd and Lincoln City FC.
Examples of past work include:
- Acting for player injured by a tackle in a match played in the then First Division (Darren Pitcher v Huddersfield Town FC (2001) (led by Augustus Ullstein QC)).
- Represented Lee Bowyer in the civil action brought by Najeib following Bowyer's acquittal for assault.
- Successfully defending discrimination and breach of contract claims brought by an aspiring junior tennis player against her management company and David Lloyd.
- Defending a tennis club against unfair dismissal and discrimination claims arising from its dismissal of its pregnant club coach. Acting for a tennis coach in a claim for age discrimination against the tennis club at which he worked.
- Acting for a rugby club in dispute over its ground sharing agreement with a football club.
- A dispute over ownership of a non-league Football Club and its FA membership.
- Tim is a member of the British Association for Sport and Law and writes and speaks regularly on his areas of legal speciality. He is happy to take cases on a direct access basis.