Athlete Investors: How To Structure Rights In An Early Stage Venture Deal
This article provides insights into a recent trend popular among athletes: the rise of the athlete tech investor.
It takes a high-level look at the various structures that deals can take, and examines how athletes can negotiate rights when partnering with start-ups and challenger brands across the early-stage venture ecosystem.
The article details:
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- How to use intellectual property rights to protect a new sports format
- The athlete venture capitalist – the rise of athlete investors in sport
- Football Club Financing: Why 'Mini-Bonds' Are In Trend
- Investing To Win - Why Foreign Athletes Are Eyeing Indian Startups
- Key Strategies For Investors In Brazilian Football
Ben Peppi is head of sports services at JMW Solicitors. He has overseen deals involving Anthony Joshua and West Ham striker Michail Antonio, as well as many Premier League teams, Premiership Rugby sides and national governing bodies, He is regarded as one of the leading commercial and marketing experts in sport.