COVID-19: a checklist of key legal and business considerations
As the legal, regulatory, and commercial implications of COVID-19 continue to evolve, our team has created a checklist of the complex considerations that organisations should have at the top of mind during this difficult time. The checklist is prepared with US companies in mind, but the points should assist sports organisations around the world too.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Commercial | Contract | Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Dispute Resolution | Employment | Governance | Insurance | Regulation
- COVID-19: sport and the law of frustration and force majeure
- COVID-19: a high level review of the impact on sports events, teams and ticketholders
- COVID-19: can sporting event organisers claim under their cancellation insurance?
- COVID-19: the impact on players’ contractual rights & obligations (key principles from case law)
Mr. Spector has been ranked as a leading tax lawyer in the Legal 500 US for his “superb legal advice and practical business guidance," by Chambers USA, which has noted his practice’s “dominant presence in the sports industry,” in Who’s Who Legal: Sports & Entertainment, and as a Law360 MVP. He is co-chair of the firm’s sports practice and a vice-chair of its tax group.
Representative clients in the sports world include the National Football League, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, the UFC, Fenway Sports Group, the United States Olympic Committee, and dozens of professional sports clubs.