Football Law Experts Discuss The Challenges And Opportunities Of Sporting Succession
Following the launch of the Sports Law & Policy Centre's book 'Sporting Succession in Football', LawInSport and the Sports Law & Policy Centre organised an open access webinar with some of the authors and editors of the book to discuss the key developments and learnings on this increasingly important topic.
Mario Flores Chemor, Head of Sports Legal at the European Club Association (ECA)
Stefano Malvestio & Vitor Hugo Almeida, Sports lawyers from Bichara & Motta Advogados
Guo Cai, Partner at Jin Mao Law Firm
Susanah Ng, International Sports Lawyer
Adrian Stângaciu, Head of the Legal Department of the Romanian Football Federation
Zografenia Kallimani, Legal Counsel at AEK FC
Roy Vermeer, Legal Director at FIFPRO
Organizer + Editors
Michele Colucci, Member of the Dispute Resolution Chamber of the FIFA Football Tribunal
Josep F. Vandellós Alamilla, Founder and Principal at Vandellos Sports Law
Jaime Cambreleng Contreras, Partner at Cavaliero & Associates
Saksham Samarth, lawyer at Vandellos Sports Law
This article discusses some of the key points that were raised during the webinar which can be accessed here.
It looks at:
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Bankruptcy | Brazil | China | Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | Dispute Resolution | Event Catch-Up | FIFA | FIFA Disciplinary Code | Football | Greece | Insolvency | Malaysia | Regulation & Governance | Romania | Sport
- How to use a freezing order against a Swiss based sports organisation to secure a CAS debt award
- Bury Beware: lessons on the importance of good governance from Bury F.C.’s football league expulsion
- Who Is Competent To Decide Upon The “Sporting Successor” Of A Football Club?
- How The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 Is Helping Struggling Football Clubs
- How HMRC's Renewed Preferential Creditor Status Impacts UK Football Clubs
- Why Brazil’s New Football Corporations Law may change club football?
- A Guide to the new FIFA Agent Regulations For Football Agents & Clubs
Mary is a law student earning my Juris Doctor at the University of Notre Dame Law School. She interned with LawInSport in 2022.
Haley Zenenberg is a 2024 J.D. Candidate at Brooklyn Law School. She is currently a staff editor on the Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment Law Blog for the Film and Television section and is undergoing an externship with LawInSport till April 2023. Additionally, she currently serves as the Film and Television Chair in the Brooklyn Law Entertainment and Sports Law Society. Before working at LawInSport, she worked at Sony Music Entertainment.
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.