Cassandra is the Sports, Entertainment and Events Regulation Legal Manager at the Royal Commission for AlUla, and prior to June 2019 was a Senior Associate in the Sports and Corporate Risk practice group at MinterEllison in Australia. Her practice areas saw her acting in commercial matters with worldwide sporting organisations, corporations and sponsors; event management; player disputes on behalf of Clubs and governing bodies; player selection appeals for international athletics competitions and managing image rights and social media disputes (defamation and discrimination). Over the past twelve years, Cassandra also acted in insurance disputes primarily in the management liability, professional indemnity, medical negligence and public liability space.
- A guide to Australia’s new National Sports Tribunal
- Key points from the Report of the Review of Australia's Sports Integrity Arrangements
- The admission of transgender athletes to competition: The case of Hannah Mouncey
- How Australia's top contact sports manage concussion
- When do playing contracts become binding? Hopoate v Parramatta Eels