Attorney, Jin Mao Law Firm
Ms. Guo Cai oversees the LexVeritas Sports and International Law Group, Jin Mao Law Firm (People's Republic of China), the first Chinese law firm to have a practice group dedicated to the sports industry. Ms. Cai graduated from Harvard Law School and China University of Political Science and Law. She also held an LLM in Human Rights (distinction) from the University of Hong Kong. Admitted to practice in China and the US (New York), Ms. Cai specialises in international dispute resolution and sports law, growing with the Chinese sports industry and connecting international best practice with sports in China.
- Why understanding diplomacy is the No.1 rule for navigating the Chinese sports market (a Chinese perspective on the Rockets/NBA fallout)
- A review of China Sports Law Week 2019 – “Inclusivity, Integrity and Insights”
- Why sports broadcasters in China cannot currently rely on copyright law to protect against unauthorised livestreams (and possible solutions)
- China sports law update: January – March 2019
- Taxation of sponsorship agreements in China - the rules for International Sports Federations without permanent establishment