Walker Morris LLP
As a market-leading sports practice, we are passionate about the industry, our clients and the work we do for them. We are one of the few firms in the UK that can genuinely offer a one-stop shop legal advice service for sports clients. We are ranked in Chambers and Legal 500 for Sport in the UK and are ranked in Tier 1 for Yorkshire.
Our practice covers a wide range of both men’s and women’s sports, including football, boxing, rugby union, rugby league, tennis, netball and Esports.
We act for a number of Premier League, Football League and National League clubs, including Burnley FC, Crystal Palace FC, Brighton & Hove Albion FC, AFC Bournemouth, Blackpool FC, Wrexham FC. In addition, one of our key clients is a top six Premier League football club. We also regularly take instructions from agents and from managers/head coaches and players on their contractual dealings, as well as third parties, including commercial sponsors.
Like our clients, we are driven by getting results and will go above and beyond to achieve the best outcome for your business.
AREA OF SPECIALISM
- Transactions, regulatory and governance - buying and selling clubs, corporate/M&A, governance, restructuring, finance, insolvency.
- Sports litigation and arbitration - dispute resolution, player, manager and agent disputes, Rule K arbitration, EFL Arbitration, Premier League Arbitration, disciplinary matters, football regulatory/football rules sanctions and fines.
- Sports employment and contract negotiation - manager/head coach and playing staff contracts, employment litigation (including Player Related Dispute Commissions and Managers' Arbitration Tribunal (and see litigation above)), sports immigration (including governing body endorsements), Esports player contracts.
- Sports commercial and technology - sponsorship and partnership agreements, Esports, Blockchain, image rights, event staging and ticketing arrangements, content creation and merchandising.
- Day-to-day advice - sports clubs, are, just as any other business, subject to the usual day-to-day legal requirements and issues on top of specialist sport advice. As a full-service law firm, we provide the full range of legal services, for example, general litigation (debt recovery, high court and commercial court proceedings), day-to-day employment advice, the full spectrum of commercial agreements, IP, construction and real estate.
- Street: 33 Wellington Street
- Postcode: LS1 4DL
- City: Leeds
- Country: United Kingdom
- Telephone: 07787767975 & 0750 635 6804
- Website: https://www.walkermorris.co.uk