Skip to main content

Family Law Guidance For Athletes – Dealing With Continuing Disputes Over Children  

Arguing Parents
Tuesday, 23 August 2022 By Tammy Knox

This is the fifth in a series of articles exploring key family law issues facing athletes over the course of their careers. The last article looked at how families and the English courts approach arrangements for children following the breakdown of a relationship. Here, we consider a few of the issues that can arise after separation when a couple have moved to a co-parenting relationship, which include the following questions:

  1. I want to send my children to a great new school but my ex doesn’t agree. What can I do?

  2. My ex wants to change the children’s surnames, but I do not agree. Can I stop them?

  3. I need to move abroad for work, and I want to take the children with me. Do I need my ex-partner’s agreement?

  4. My ex has taken the children abroad but is refusing to bring them home again. What can I do?

To continue reading or watching login or register here

Already a member? Sign in

Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts.  Find out more here.

Related Articles

Written by

Tammy Knox

Tammy Knox

Tammy is a partner in the London office of Penningtons Manches Cooper, specialising in all areas of family law, particularly those with an international element. She regularly advises on child abduction and international relocation of children, financial issues arising from separation, Family Law Act applications, disputes about child arrangements and prenuptial agreements. She is also experienced in representing vulnerable clients.

Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.

Upcoming Events