How Do Cost Controls Work In Motorsports?
The ‘Cost Controls In Motorsport’ panel took place as part of LawInSport’s inaugural Motorsport Law Conference on 30 March 2021. The panel discussed the newly introduced cost control measures in Formula 1. This article summarises the main points and insights made during the discussion. The speakers were:
- Joel Cohen - General Secretary, Motorsport UK
- Carl Troman - Barrister, 4 New Square
- Jamie Horner - Partner, Keystone Law, Director Arden Racing & the Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA)
- Tom de la Mare QC - Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Sean Cottrell - Founder and CEO of LawInSport (as moderator)
Plus Members can view the entire panel session here.
Disclaimer: Please note that nothing written in this article is attributed to any particular speaker.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Competition Law | Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | Financial Fair Play (FFP) | Motorsport | Regulation
- Building And Growing A Legal Team in Motorsport
- Cost Controls in Motorsport
- Regulatory Issues In Motorsport
- Commercial & Legal Issues In Motorsport
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.
Yama is an Editor at LawInSport, working with Chris Bond and the Editorial board on content review and commissioning. Prior to joining LawInSport, Yama trained as a solicitor at a leading media law firm and subsequently worked as a sports arbitration and disputes lawyer at a boutique sports firm.
Yama was formerly a Trustee of the Palace for Life Foundation, Crystal Palace FC where she focused on providing opportunities to disadvantaged young people in South London.