In-Game Advertising: Opportunities & Key Issues For Video Games & Esports
As the video game industry, and the associated esports industry, continues to expand, publishers are seeking new ways to monetise advertising opportunities. This article discusses the shift towards in-game advertising and how games publishers and advertisers can capitalise on these emerging technologies whilst managing the risks that it can present.
It also looks at the potential interplay with esports and the issues that may arise in the sector in relation to in-game advertising. The article ends with certain key tips for advertisers to be aware of to capitalise on these opportunities.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Why esports must adopt a child-first culture to protect participants and the industry
- Athlete Brand Ambassadors: Do's And Don'ts for Sponsors
- Esports in Italy: Key Labour Issues & why a uniform legal framework is vital for its success
- How The Microsoft-Activision Deal Could Impact Gaming & Esports
- Advertising “cryptoassests” the right way - lessons from the Arsenal ASA ruling
- Metaverses – A Brave New World for Sports Brands?
- Why BrewDog’s ‘Anti-Sponsoring’ World Cup Campaign May Land Them In Trouble
- Can retired footballers appear in gambling ads?
Alex is a commercial partner at Bird & Bird and heads up the adtech practice working for brands, agencies and tech providers.
Andrew is a Commercial Associate in the London office of Bird & Bird supporting clients in the media, entertainment and sports sectors with a wide array of transactional, commercial and regulatory issues.