Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Steve Bainbridge
For this week’s edition of Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight, we interviewed Steve Bainbridge who is a partner at Squire Patton Boggs’ Dubai office. He has a wide sports practice ranging from governance issues to athlete endorsement agreements, anti-ambush marketing strategies, player contracts, broadcasting, merchandising and licensing agreements, disciplinary issues and various sports-specific venue management arrangements.
Steve is a World Athletics Disciplinary Tribunal member and has recently been appointed as a CAS arbitrator. He was previously the General Counsel at Yas Marina Circuit (venue of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix).
Steve is also an Editorial Board member at LawInSport.
We sat down with Steve in February 2022 to conduct this interview. We hope you enjoy the conversation as much as we did.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tips to Develop Your Sports Law Career (From Private Practice to General Counsel)
- Summary on How to Build Your Network in the Sports Field
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: James Kitching
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Lindsay Brandon
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Christopher Chase
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Mark Hovell