Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Christopher Chase
For this week’s edition of Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight, we interviewed Christopher Chase who is a partner at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz and founder of the firm’s Sports Industry Group where he practices intellectual property, advertising, sports, and entertainment law.
He works with numerous clients in the sports industry, including counselling major sports leagues on branded entertainment, intellectual property, and promotional matters; advising both sponsors and properties on the structure and negotiation of sponsorship and endorsement arrangements; counselling agency clients that activate sponsors’ marketing campaigns; advising major sports apparel, footwear and fitness companies on marketing campaigns and IP matters; and advising soccer players on transfer agreements.
Chris is also an Editorial Board member at LawInSport.
We sat down with Chris in January 2022 to conduct this interview. We hope you enjoy the conversation as much as we did.
If you have any related questions or feedback, then please don’t hesitate to contact us. If you would like to write for or contribute to LawInSport in any manner, please do get in contact and email us at
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Ambush Marketing ...how to stay on the right side of the law
- Ambush marketing laws and the power of exclusivity: lessons from New Zealand and South Africa
- Attack or defend? Lessons on ambush marketing from Paddy Power
- How successful were FIFA and its sponsors at protecting their brands during the World Cup?
- How Italy is tackling ambush marketing ahead of UEFA 2021 & 2026 Winter Olympics
- A Guide To How Trade Marks Work In Formula One®
- Panel Summary - Commercialising Digital Assets: Opportunities & Threats From New Digital Revenue Streams for NFTs
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: James Kitching
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Lindsay Brandon
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.
Marcos is the Marketing and Editorial Associate at LawInSport.
Prior to joining LawInSport, Marcos undertook a 12-month legal internship with one of the largest anti-slavery organisations in the world, International Justice Mission, at their field office in La Paz, Bolivia. He graduated with an LLM in Commercial & Corporate law from Queen Mary University of London in 2020.