Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Mark Hovell
For this week’s edition on Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight, we sat down with Mark Hovell, who is a partner at Mills & Reeve and heads up their sports practice. He specialises in regulatory, governance, commercial and financial matters, across all sports, both in the UK and across the world.
He is an experienced CAS Arbitrator (Court of Arbitration For Sport) and has adjudicated nearly 400 cases as a CAS arbitrator. He was part of the CAS Ad-hoc panels at the Rio Olympic Games 2016. He’s a member of the National Anti-Doping Panel, back in the UK.
Mark is also an Editorial Board member at LawInSport.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Career Advice | Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | Dispute Resolution | Doping | Football | Insolvency | Regulation & Governance | Sports | United Kingdom (UK)
- The effects of providing substantial assistance in doping investigations: A review of the Bernice Wilson case
- The importance of meeting deadlines when appealing to the CAS: Eboué v FIFA
- A review of key Financial Fair Play cases through the lens of the CAS
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: James Kitching
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Lindsay Brandon
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Christopher Chase
- Not So 'Carefree' - How UK Sanctions On Russia Affect Chelsea Football Club