Poonam is a lawyer in the intellectual property team at CMS Cameron McKenna. Her areas of interest include the exploitation of media rights, brand protection, advertising law and ambush marketing.
Poonam previously spent six months on secondment to CMS’s Rio de Janeiro office in Brazil as part of her training contract. Prior to joining CMS, Poonam worked at Amazon, eBay and The Economist where she gained experience in various aspects of media and digital media law, intellectual property, technology, and commercial contracts. Poonam speaks Portuguese as well as several other European languages and enjoys using these in a professional capacity.
- Rio 2016: How Brazil is clamping down on ticket touts at the Olympic Games
- What does the Consumer Rights Act 2015 mean for providers of digital sports content?
- How successful were FIFA and its sponsors at protecting their brands during the World Cup?
- Third Party Ownership – a Brazilian perspective
- Navigating Brazil’s stadium management minefield
- Does Brazil’s World Cup Law violate its constitution?